vegan cookie dough
HEALTHY VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
Creamy, comforting and cmpletely satisfying – get ready to have your mind blown.
HEALTHY VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH?
Is that even a thing? I questioned it too at first, but after seeing the recipe by From My Bowl – I knew I had to put it to the test!
In this COVID-19 nightmare we are currently dealing with, comfort food is my go to. However, I also know that my activity levels are much lower due to social distancing and spending all day at home – regardless of my home workouts! So when I’m bingeing Disney+ I like to make sure I have something to eat that’s not only delicious, but is still maintaining a modicum of “healthiness”.
What does “healthiness” mean you may ask? Well having no ingredients that contain added oil, sugar or refined carbohydatres, it satsifies my eternal sweet tooth without contributing to my muffin-top.
Not only is this recipe Vegan, but it’s also Gluten-Free and refined sugar free (depending on what chocolate/chocolate chips you’d like to use). You must be wondering what on earth is left to be used in this recipe if all the unhealthy and tasty stuff has been left out – well look no further:
HEALTHY VEGAN COOKIE DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 1 can of Chickpeas drained
- 3tbsp of Nut Butter – I used 2 Peanut and 1 Almond
- 3tbsp of Maple Syrup or any sugar substitue you prefer (adjust accordingly)
- 2 Dates soaked in hot water then drained
- 50g of Dark Chocolate – I used a 70% bar, as I find it hard to get good quality chocolate chips
- 1tbsp of Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup of Almond Flour
- 1tsp of good qualitity Vanilla Bean extract
- Splash of Oat Milk
- Place the Chickpeas, Maple Syrup, softened Dates, Almond Flour, Vanilla, Flaxseed and Nut Butter in a food processor and whizz until combined.
- You might notice the mixture is a little stiff, this is where I add in a splash of Oat Milk to loosen the mixture slightly.
- Break up 25g of the Chocolate (or use your chocolate chips) and add it to the mixture. Whizz again until smooth.
- Give it a taste to check the sweetness, add some more Maple Syrup if that’s your vibe.
- Spoon into a bowl, and top with the rest of the chocolate – I also like to add some rapsberries if I fancy a bit of extra sweetness!
IT’S THAT SIMPLE.
It lasts around one week in the firdge, just make sure it stays covered. Make sure to let me know if you’ve tried the recipe and what you think by visiting our Instagram!
FYI I also like to add some Nuttvia to the top for some extra decadence – thank me later!